Lemon Drizzle

With this hot british weather, I thought it would be a good idea to share a cake recipe perfect for this summer heat! This Lemon Drizzle is VERY easy to make and light enough for those hot summer days. I have just bought a new camera so hopefully you notice the difference in picture quality, otherwise I have wasted my money....
Alfie is not impressed with this heat..
INGREDIENTS

Cake
225 g unsalted butter
225 g caster sugar
225 g self-raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
4 tbsp milk
Zest of 2 lemons

Topping
175 g granulated sugar
2 lemons, juice only


METHOD
Start by preheating your oven to 180C
Grease your baking tin with butter, then line with baking parchment
Next, simply measure out all ingredients
(I forgot to take a picture of the baking powder & milk, I did use them)

Grate 2 lemons worth of zest
Pop all ingredients into a bowl and mix fast

Once well combined, pour the mixture into your prepared baking tin and bake in the oven for approx 35- 40 minutes

Once baked, let it cool. Whilst cooling make the topping
Mix the granulated sugar and lemon juice together in a bowl, evenly spoon it over the cake whilst it is still warm.
DONE!

I used a rubber baking tin, which didn't work out hence the odd shape. Not my best but it still tasted delicious!



I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know how it goes if you give it a try!

Kevin X



Post a Comment

© Kevin Owen. Design by MangoBlogs.