Oreo Cupcakes

I did some baking for my brother's 21st Birthday party and decided to go with family favourite Oreo Cupcakes, they're delicious. My family and friends always rave about them, so they must be good. (I have tried them and can confirm they're good). So I knew I must blog the recipe for you all.

INGREDIENTS
100g Unsalted Butter
120g Self Raising Flour
110g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Corn Flour
3 small eggs or 2 Large
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract

METHOD
 Start by switching the oven to 150C and place the cupcake cases in your cupcake tin.
Measure out all ingredients, making sure the butter is very soft. I sometimes pop it in the microwave for a few 5 second blast's to get it extra soft. (Ensure it's not runny though)

Pop all the ingredients into a bowl mixing until smooth and delicious!

Next start placing the mixture into the cupcake cases, aim to get about just over 1/2 the case filled.
When putting the mixture into the cupcake cases I use an Ice cream scoop which places the perfect amount of mixture in very neatly (As the pictures show)

Place cupcakes in the oven on 150C for 20 minutes.

Take them out to cool and resist not eating them straight away!

OREO FROSTING INGREDIENTS
125g Unsalted Butter
250g Icing Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1Tbsp Milk
8/10 Oreo's 

Once you have pulled yourself away from sniffing the cupcakes start making the frosting.
Make sure again butter is very soft
Mix the butter and sifted icing sugar until well combined, Next add in the vanilla extract and milk
 If the consistently is too heavy add a little more milk gradually.

Then, depending how you like to crush'em, crush your oreos into oreos crumbs. I opted to use a rolling pin. Crush roughly 8/10 oreo's depending on how 'Oreoy' you want the buttercream, once crushed mix the oreo crumbs into the buttercream mixture.

Give it a good mix, then there you have you're complete Oreo frosting!

Once the cupcakes are cool, start putting the frosting on top, I use a small spatula to get a good amount on ensuring all edges are covered, then I drag the frosting around with the back of a fork to give it a cool look.

If you want you can cut an Oreo into a quarter and place it on top of the frosting to complete cupcakes.
Come on, what are you waiting for... It's your turn now.  Let me know in the comments how your's turned out! Alternatively send me pictures of your Oreo goodness using the hashtag #BakingwithKevin on insta, twitter and facebook!

I hope you enjoyed this recipe.

Kevin

X

1 comment

© Kevin Owen. Design by MangoBlogs.