Victoria Sponge 2.0

You can't go wrong with Victoria Sponge but it's my brother birthday tomorrow so I thought I would up my game and try something new. As it's a special occasion I wanted to make more of a 'showstopper' centre piece cake. Enter Victoria Sponge 2.0..
Makes One 3 tier cake 

VICTORIA SPONGE 2.0

Ingredients

  • 340g Unsalted Butter
  • 450g Caster Sugar
  • 6 Eggs
  • 530g Plain Flour
  • 360ml Whole Milk
  • 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1 Tbsp Baking Powder

METHOD

  1. Pre-heat your oven to 175C or 350F. Grease your 8 inch baking tins (I used round tins)with butter and lightly dust with flour
  2. In a big mixing bowl beat the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition. Pop in the vanilla extract.
  3. Put the plain flour, salt and baking powder into a separate mixing bowl.
  4. Fold in the dry ingredients then wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
  5. Equal divide the mixture between the prepared baking tins. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes


1. Start by pipping out small 'blobs' all the way around the base cake layer


2. Then pipe out a thin layer of jam
3. Then pipe again pipe another circle of buttercream 'blobs' (pretty sure that's not the technical term)

4. Then fill in the centre circle with jam and pop the middle cake layer on top
5. Repeat the same steps until the middle cake layer is covered with the buttercream and jam

6. Pop the 3rd cake on top and sift icing sugar on the top
When I had the idea of changing up a classic cake I was abit skeptical but I'm really pleased I tried something new. I will definitely be making it again in the future. If you re-recreate this cake at home please send me a picture but most of all ENJOY!

Post a Comment

© Kevin Owen. Design by MangoBlogs.