M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies



I have baked alot of cookies, this recipe has well & truly been tested out! (I like super chewy cookies, so I have been on the hunt for the perfect recipe for a while. I think I have finally found the BEST cookie recipe! Whilst on the hunt for the best cookie recipe I heard talk that cream of tartar helps make the cookies super chewy after testing it out I was pretty impressed to see it did exactly that! These cookies are crispy on the outside but super chewy on the inside. Although I like chocolate chip cookies I wanted to add something extra to this recipe so when I saw a big bag of M&M's stirring at me in the supermarket, I took this as a sign to put them in the cookies! I have ended up eating a ton (literally) of cookies but I think I have ended up with some of the best cookies I have ever tried. So of course I had to share this recipe with you here on my blog and also on my Youtube channel. (Click here to see me baking them on Youtube) Tag me on Instagram or Tweet me @ItsKevinOwen if you bake these at home! #BakingWithKevin

You will need: 1 X baking tray lined with parchment paper 

Ingredients: 
225g soft light brown sugar 
125g butter 
150g plain flour 
50g strong white bread flour 
1 egg 
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) 
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
200g chocolate chips
200g M&M’s  










Method: Preheat the oven to 180c and line your baking tray with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy


Then, beat in the egg
Gradually pour in the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar & vanilla extract
Mix until the all well combined, the mixture maybe slightly sticky to touch
Chop the chocolate into little chunks and pop them in

Finally pour in the M&M’s, give the mixture one last mix 
Break the dough into ball like shapes (around 12 balls)
 Space them well apart on the prepared baking trays, giving a little squish down as you place them, allow room between each cookie as they will spread
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, once baked transfer to wire rack to cool 


Then Enjoy!

Post a Comment

© Kevin Owen. Design by MangoBlogs.