Chocolate Cupcakes



So I have just got back from a few days in London, I have brought a cold back with me, so to cheer me up I decided to make some Chocolate Cupcakes! This recipe is relatively very easy consisting of a chocolate sponge, chocolate buttercream and a few chocolate sprinkles for decoration.

This recipe is tried and tested, perfect for a birthday party or just as a naughty treat. If you don't want the full 12 cupcakes simply just half the recipe to make 6. I'm not the biggest chocolate cake lover, maybe because for every birthday party my family had we would get the chocolate cake from Costco every year, safe to say I have ate a lifetimes worth of chocolate cake. Nonetheless these chocolate cupcakes are abit of me soft and spongey with delicious gooey buttercream on top! I was pretty pleased with how these cupcakes turned out as you may have noticed form the endless amounts of photo's!


Ingredients
100g plain flour
120g caster sugar
40g cocoa powder
40g butter
120ml whole milk
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
few drops of vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Method
Pre-heat oven to 150C/325F/Gas mark 3
Add the dry ingredients to mixing bowl and beat, so add plain flour, sugar, cocoa powder, butter,  baking powder & salt
Once well mixed, in a seperate bowl mix together the wet ingredients (milk, egg & vanilla)h
Once the wet ingredients are well mixed, pour half of the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, beat fast for several minutes
Then add in the remaining wet mixture and finally beat fast one last time
Scoop the ingredients into cupcake cases on a baking tray (I use an ice cream scoop, which makes this process much easier)
Once done, pop in the oven for 20 minutes



Buttercream ingredients
250g icing sugar
100g soft butter
40g cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk

Method
Add the icing sugar, butter & cocoa powder to a mixing bowl and beat
Then add in the milk beat until silky smooth

Once the cupcakes come out of the oven allow to cool before putting buttercream on top
Once cooled use a spatula to spread the buttercream around the cupcake
Sprinkle some sprinkles on top
Done!


Enjoy!

Kevin 
X

Post a Comment

© Kevin Owen. Design by MangoBlogs.